Hotel Marketing Podcast: Episode 246 – How Hotels Should Be Using Social Media
Good day hoteliers and welcome to episode 246 of the Hotel Marketing Podcast. Hotels have struggled for years to find the right way to engage guests and drive revenue through social media channels. Today we’re going to make it easy for you with strategies for both paid and organic success.
For us to give hoteliers the best possible way to engage their potential guests on Facebook, Instagram, and other channels we’ll need some expert voices. That’s why we have our very own Olivia Clifton on the show today! Along with Olivia, we have Alyssa and Jeremy.
Booking.com Not Paying Hotels or Staff. And now they want a credit card:
Cititravel portal with booking.com
- allows cardholders to book flights, hotels, car rentals and even attractions
- currently accessible via Citi’s website and will be available to eligible cardholders via the Citi mobile app by the end of March.
- Plus, for a limited time, eligible cardholders can earn up to 10X points on their bookings.
How Hotels Can Succeed With Social Media
Olivia has put together a great article at TravelBoomMarketing.com detailing how hotels should be using social media at https://www.travelboommarketing.com/blog/how-should-hotels-be-using-social-media/.
Organic Social Media
- Keep your content mobile-friendly
- Authenticity is the most important aspect of social media
- Monitor and engage beyond just your profiles
- Interact with posts your hotel is tagged in
Paid Social Media
- Know your KPIs before launching any campaigns and measure accordingly
- Understand the different types of ads
- Smart targeting leads to great returns
- Read more at travelboommarketing.com/blog/the-best-facebook-ad-formats-for-hotels/
Social Media Ideas for Hotels
- Share a live feed of events that happen at your hotel
- Showcase amenities or room tours at your property
- Suggest nearby things to do
- Highlight upcoming events happening nearby
- Post unique, high-quality photographs
- Share positive guest reviews
- Create giveaways or contests
- Make use of user-generated content (UGC)
Read 50 awesome social media tips for hotels here: travelboommarketing.com/blog/social-media-post-ideas-hotels/
2023 Leisure Travel Trends Study
Savvy hoteliers should expect some unprecedented changes in leisure traveler behavior in 2023 and beyond. Low confidence in the economy, changing decision-makers, and new technologies are all pointing to a massive shift in how hoteliers court a new generation of travelers.
Download the detailed analysis of the findings, along with observations and specific opportunities that help you position your property at the top of customers’ minds.
Get the 2023 Leisure Travel Trends Study at https://travelboommarketing.com/study.
Submit your questions and topic ideas on Twitter to @_travelboom or firstname.lastname@example.org.