Hotel Marketing Podcast: Episode 242 – 5 Things Leisure Travelers Need You To Know
It’s finally here! The 2023 Leisure Travel Trends Study is ready for download for the low low price of FREE!
One critical piece of data came out of this year’s study that was very interesting. Apparently, we’re not treating our guests very well. Between Covid services being limited, struggles finding staff, and rising costs, the guests we all rely on are at a breaking point. We asked travelers a series of open-ended questions to help uncover hidden objections that prevent someone from booking a stay. What we found was not surprising, but what was surprising was how uniform the responses were to the question, “What is one thing a hotel could do that would convince you to book a stay?“
5 Things Leisure Travelers Need You To Do Before They Book:
- Free Nights: The most commonly requested sale was for free nights based on the length of the stay. While some respondents were interested in a percentage discount, it appears that most respondents were looking for a reason to extend their stay. We recommend testing your promotional messaging: does “stay 4 nights, get the 5th for free” or “20% off” work better for your audience?
- Free Cancellation: This request appeared frequently in both this section and other responses – travelers need the assurance that they can cancel their trip without penalty if something comes up.
- Reasonable Rates: Respondents consistently asked for fair and reasonable prices, in addition to rate guarantees. Respondents also noted that sales are important, but what they’re really looking for is clear pricing that doesn’t feel excessive.
- Bring Back Breakfast: Continental breakfast was largely lost to the Covid pandemic due to cleanliness concerns. Respondents are eager to find a property that includes breakfast in their rate – and the same respondents often asked for lower prices.
- No More Resort Fees: Respondents are frustrated with hidden fees and resort fees that feel unnecessary.
Download Your Free Copy Today
Savvy hoteliers should expect some unprecedented changes in leisure traveler behavior in 2023 and beyond. Low confidence in the economy, changing decision-makers, and new technologies are all pointing to a massive shift in how hoteliers court a new generation of travelers.
Download the detailed analysis of the findings, along with observations and specific opportunities that help you position your property at the top of customers’ minds.
60 Seconds to Success
Hoteliers Gotta Hotelier!
Submit your questions and topic ideas on Twitter to @_travelboom or firstname.lastname@example.org.