Hotel Marketing Podcast Episode 193: 3 Easy PPC Tests To Run Now!
Testing is one of the most important aspects of running a successful PPC campaign. Even if your campaigns are meeting your advertising goals, if you are not testing, you’re likely losing bookings and revenue to OTAs and competitors.
In today’s podcast we dissect an article with all the details of PPC ad testing by sharing three tests that can (and should) be run by every hotelier.
You can read the original article at https://www.travelboommarketing.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-ppc-ad-testing/.
Three PPC Campaign Tests For All Hoteliers:
Testing Ad Copy
- Target KPI = CTR
- When testing ad copy you are truly only focused on CTR because the goal of the test is to see which ad variation gets more people to click through to the website.
- It would be nice to see higher CR or ROAS but you can not directly attribute those metrics to the thing that changed
Testing Landing Pages
- Target KPI = CR
- We focus on CR for landing page tests because we already got the person to click on the ad, now we want to see whether or not they are more likely to convert whether they land on one page versus another.
- There are different types of landing page tests. One is to alter the landing page you are using. The other is to change the landing page to a different page on your site.
- Target KPI = CTR (with some CR exceptions)
- Ad extensions can be extremely effective at taking up more SERP real estate and increasing CTR, but using the right extensions and testing the content of each extension, is how you maximize performance.
Important Testing Best Practices
- Test ONE element at a time
- Test variations simultaneously
- Document everything about your test
- Adjust & repeat
Other Advanced PPC Tests You Can Run
- Testing bidding strategies
- Testing targeting
- Testing device types
- Daypart testing
In The News:
Study Shows Hotels Must Address The Trust Gap To Speed Recovery: