Fuel Hotel Marketing Podcast: Episode 9 – The ABCs of A/B Testing
We get testy with each other this week, as we talk about how to effectively run tests on your website in order to increase conversion and revenue. The episode also features a super-secret special guest from a galaxy far, far away.
If you like what you hear, please leave a comment below, share it with your friends, and also leave a review.
In this episode:
- New Trump hotel not to carry the Trump name
- Arizona Legalizes AirBNB Investment Properties
- AirBNB Local Guide Program
What should you be testing?
- Email Capture
Tips for A/B testing your website:
- You must unlearn what you have learned – If you want to feel really dumb, check out: Which Test Won
- Experimentation – no idea is a bad idea
- KPIs – Understand exactly what metrics will be measured
- High Volume Pages – test pages that get a lot of traffic before pages that get little traffic
- Iterative Testing – change one element at a time on a page, and then build upon the results
- Multivariate Testing – Common misunderstanding of what MVT is and isn’t. Keep number of variations to a minimum, as the more variations, the more traffic needed to get statistically significant results. Explain differences in testing software in how MVT is served. Device Type – Segment results based on device type and/or run different versions of test for different types
- Failure – a test that results in a negative result is not a failed test
- Questionable Outcome – indicates variations were not different enough, or that element doesn’t have an impact on conversion
- Patience – wait for the full test results
What testing software is right for you?
Follow us on Twitter: