Fuel Hotel Marketing Podcast: Episode 8 – Outsmart Other Hotels with Competitive Advertising
We get a little bit sneaky in this episode because we’re discussing ways to take market share away from your competition with some very aggressive tactics. If your hotel is looking to experiment with something new, this episode is for you.
If you like what you hear, please leave a comment below, share it with your friends and also leave a review.
In this episode:
- Google is beta testing their new killer app, Google Trips. Does this spell doom for the OTAs?
- Google is going to start looking at mobile page speed as a ranking factor f=mobile results.
5 Brilliant Competitive Advertising Strategies to Outsmart Your Competition
1. Facebook users who like competitor’s pages
2. Show ads before competitor’s YouTube videos
3. Email targeting in gmail and yahoo for people who get emails from your competitors
4. Targeting people who visit your competitor’s site via Google Display Network
5. Twitter follower targeting
Inspiration for this episode came from a Twitter Question: “Should I bid on my competitor’s brand keywords in adWords?” and this WordStream article:
Submit your questions and topic ideas on Twitter to @_travelboom. Download our leisure travel study at www.fueltravel.com/study/.