Fuel Hotel Marketing Podcast: Episode 158 – Why Consumer Sentiment Is Heading In The Wrong Direction
Fuel recently released volume 7 of our consumer sentiment study and it’s a real eye-opener. Just when we all thought things were heading in the right direction, the cases of COVID began to increase and the mainstream media changed it’s narrative to be very anti-travel. This has had a dramatic impact on consumers and their willingness to book a vacation. In this episode, we take a look at the new data and break it down between people who are in favor of masks vs those who prefer to abstain. Check it out.
Click Here For A Crisis Management Resources For Hotels Master List
Here’s the most recent study:
Fuel COVID-19 Consumer Sentiment Study Volume 7: The Tides Have Turned Again
Stick around to the end of the show to learn about the differences between jelly, jam, and preserves. Here’s a handy cheat sheet courtesy of Eater.com
- Jelly: fruit juice + sugar
- Jam: chopped or pureed fruit + sugar
- Chutney: chopped or pureed fruit + sugar + vinegar + spices
- Preserves: whole fruit or fruit chunks + sugar
- Marmalade: whole citrus (either chopped or left intact) + sugar
- Compote: whole fruit or fruit chunks + sugar (but usually eaten immediately, not preserved)
In The Newsaroos:
- AHLA Calls For Mask Mandate – has garnered support from the CEOs of major hotel brands like Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, and Marriott.
Submit your questions and topic ideas on Twitter to @_travelboom or [email protected]
IN ADDITION TO THE PODCAST WE HAVE A BUNCH OF WHITEPAPERS AND STUDIES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD HERE