Fuel Hotel Marketing Podcast: Episode 158 – Why Consumer Sentiment Is Heading In The Wrong Direction
Fuel recently released volume 7 of our consumer sentiment study and it’s a real eye-opener. Just when we all thought things were heading in the right direction, the cases of COVID began to increase and the mainstream media changed it’s narrative to be very anti-travel. This has had a dramatic impact on consumers and their willingness to book a vacation. In this episode, we take a look at the new data and break it down between people who are in favor of masks vs those who prefer to abstain. Check it out.
Here’s the most recent study:
Stick around to the end of the show to learn about the differences between jelly, jam, and preserves. Here’s a handy cheat sheet courtesy of Eater.com
- Jelly: fruit juice + sugar
- Jam: chopped or pureed fruit + sugar
- Chutney: chopped or pureed fruit + sugar + vinegar + spices
- Preserves: whole fruit or fruit chunks + sugar
- Marmalade: whole citrus (either chopped or left intact) + sugar
- Compote: whole fruit or fruit chunks + sugar (but usually eaten immediately, not preserved)
In The Newsaroos:
- AHLA Calls For Mask Mandate – has garnered support from the CEOs of major hotel brands like Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, and Marriott.