Fuel Hotel Marketing Podcast: Episode 10 – Should My Hotel Have a Blog?
In this episode of the Fuel Hotel Marketing Podcast, we discuss whether or not a hotel needs a blog. You’re already super-busy, should you spend some of your precious time creating and maintaining a blog? Should the blog be a part of your site or separate? What topics should you write about? Come find out with your Fueligan friends.
If you like what you hear, please leave a comment below, share it with your friends, and also leave a review.
In The News:
- Ad Blocking Stats – http://digiday.com/publishers/global-state-of-ad-blocking/
- 8 BILLION video views per day on Facebook. BUT 85% are watched without sound. – everywhere reported on this.
- Majority of Travelers Prefer to Book on a Mobile Device according to operamediaworks.com. Cool infographic included – https://www.tnooz.com/article/majority-of-travellers-claim-they-prefer-booking-on-a-mobile-device/
Describe types of content: channels, pages, news, events, blog
Benefits of blogging:
- Gets more search engine traffic
- Helps customers make a decision
- Provides useful information
- Positions your hotel as an expert
- Affiliates you with events, attractions, restaurants, shops etc
- Showcases the brand
- Supports your social media
- Helps generate inbound links
- Answer common questions – be helpful
- Showcase the product: amenities, cleanliness, eco-friendly, location, brand promise etc
- Talk to the staff – humanize the brand and make people comfortable
- Sell your strengths such as nearby events/attractions
- Sell the experience
- Re-purposing Content in different channels
- Not just written – videos, interactive, countdown, vacation response generator
Top blogging tips
- Do your research – keyword research (Google Suggest, Search Console), idea generation
- Include the team and the audience
- Distribute the content
- Be consistent with tone and frequency
- Spend time on your subject line
- Include a call to action (email signup, availability search etc)
- Make Your content easy to share
- DON’t copy/paste content
- Do it better than the competition (10x)
Check out this awesome Headline Analyzer – http://coschedule.com/headline-analyzer#
Question of the week:
Should my blog be integrated with my website or separate domain/subdomain? Chris C
Follow Us on Twitter:
Come visit us at HITEC booth #627 in New Orleans June 20-23.
Submit your questions and topic ideas on Twitter to @_travelboom. Download our leisure travel study at www.fueltravel.com/study/.