Hotel Marketing Podcast Episode 232 – How ChatGPT and AI Will Shake Hotel Marketing to the Core
Today we have a pretty interesting, and pretty scary episode. OpenAI’s ChatGPT has been hitting the world by storm since it’s launch in late November 2022 and the ramifications to marketers are well… profound. We’re going to dive into the ins and outs of what ChatGPT is and what we all need to know so hoteliers can adapt and make the most of this groundbreaking technology.
Since this is a big topic, and I love company, we have a few team members with us today. First, we have the one, the only, the Interactive Director at the Brandon Agency… Sir Nick McNeill
We also have business development extraordinaire and member of the BoomSquad, Lady Leanne deMaille.
A massive earthquake took place in the marketing world (or the entire world) in November 2022 and many people didn’t even feel it… until now. Today everyone is talking about ChatGPT, its owner OpenAI, and the ramifications that the world will feel in every aspect of our lives.
On Today’s episode, we are going to dive into what a hotelier needs to know about ChatGPT. How will it impact your business? How will it impact your marketing? What can hoteliers do to position themself for success in this new world of Artificial Intelligence?
What is ChatGPT & How It Can Be Used
This video does an excellent job explaining ChatGPT’s ramifications on our world:
How will ChatGPT Impact The Hotel Industry?
- Social posting
- General content development and press releases
- Actual “chat” usage on site
- Code/site cleanup
- RFP development
- Revenue Management?
Things to Watch Out For With AI & ChatGPT
- It’s not always correct (Colonial Charters Example)
- How will it impact search?
- Poor Quality Content: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/disadvantages-chatgpt-content/477416/#close
- Will Bing start to see a significant increase in search share?
- AI content can be identified… somewhat: https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/31/23579942/chatgpt-ai-text-detection-openai-classifier
- Lawsuits and more:
- Can AI generated work be copyrighted?
- Artist lawsuits, “in the style of”
What’s Next for Chat GPT?
The 4th version is going to be launched mid 2023.
- ChatGPT-3 has 175 billion parameters (think neural connections in a human brain).
- ChatGPT-4 will have 100 Trillion. This is equivalent to a typical human.
As developers build out products via the OpenAI APIs, you really won’t know what is human or AI.
- ChatGPT in Interviews:
- Facts & Rumors About ChatGPT 4
- 11 Disadvantages of ChatGPT
- Microsoft to Add ChatGPT to Bing
- Google’s Take on AI Generated Content
- AI Generated Content Detector
- Opt Out of participating in AI Learning:
In The News:
Google to automatically create GA4 accounts for any UA account
Submit your questions and topic ideas on Twitter to @_travelboom or [email protected]
IN ADDITION TO THE PODCAST WE HAVE A STACK OF WHITEPAPERS AND STUDIES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FOR FREE!