Business Development Director
TravelBoom is looking for a highly motivated and forward-thinking technical business development director to lead our sales initiatives. The business development director will support and guide the sales pipeline through internal and external relationships. This position requires a strategic and critical thinker with a proven record of success in expanding company objectives and exceeding business goals. A core requirement of this position is to learn and fully understand the product and service offerings of TravelBoom in order to be able to identify new-client opportunities and form technical recommendations.
An ideal candidate will also have a level of understanding of search engine optimization, paid search, analytics, email marketing, and general hotel marketing.
Additional requirements of this position include:
- Developing and maintaining an effective sales funnel
- Making cold calls
- Making sales presentations via phone, webex, and other platforms
- Following up on all leads and inquiries
- Preparing quotes and contracts
- Collaborating with team members on ways to improve the products and services
- Attending trade shows and speaking engagements
- Maintaining accurate documentation of sales activities and providing necessary reporting
- Maintain a continuing education plan to stay abreast of trends and news in the hospitality space as well as the changing digital marketing landscape
- Being available outside of normal business hours in emergency situations or during after hours maintenance duties
- Preparing special projects and reports as directed by Supervisor
- Will be trained to assist with other departmental and agency functions on an as needed basis
- Convey a professional and courteous attitude at all times toward clients, co-workers and guests
- Maintaining a healthy attitude toward your job, making suggestions to improve the agency’s overall performance and attend agency and departmental meetings as required
- Upholding agency reputation and brand standards
- Complying with all company policies and procedures as stated in the Policy Manual
An aggressive compensation plan is available including a draw against future commissions.